Email me your questions at.....besuredesign@yahoo.com

I have designed this blog to answer any interior design questions you may have. BeSure about the products you are considering, the design, and layout of your room. Everyone deserves a well designed home or business.

Ask me at...
besuredesign@yahoo.com

Questions may be shared on the blog as well as other great tips.


Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What to do with that television niche...

Question I was emailed today...
My husband and I just bought a new house and we’re working on decorating it(which is challenging because we have completely different styles!)  Our biggest dilemma right now is the TV Niche above the fireplace.  We have a huge TV that we couldn’t possibly fit in that space, so it’s just empty.  I am so lost as to how to decorate it.  Any suggestions? 

It’s about 2 feet high and 2-3 feet deep.

First of all I would like to sympathize with you, this is a common issue in homes. Home builders were trying to do something great for our living spaces, but now days with our new age tv's this has just added a challenge to our room layouts. What do you do with that hole?

The best thing to do is cover it up! When you try to fill the hole with decorative accessories it just looks forced. There is no way to decorate that hole to make it look as if it were meant for anything other than a television. No matter what style your space is, try using a mirror or artwork. Make sure to cover the hole completely on all sides. This will give the illusion of a solid wall.

Since you and your husband have different styles, try meshing them together. For instance lets say you have a contemporary style, while you husband is traditional. Try taking your living space and adding a contemporary sofa with a traditional wing chair. Some of the best designed rooms come from a blend of styles. 

I hope this helps and thanks for asking me! I would love to help you with anything you have questions about.






No comments:

Post a Comment