Email me your questions at.....besuredesign@yahoo.com

I have designed this blog to answer any interior design questions you may have. BeSure about the products you are considering, the design, and layout of your room. Everyone deserves a well designed home or business.

Ask me at...
besuredesign@yahoo.com

Questions may be shared on the blog as well as other great tips.


Monday, October 17, 2011

unsightly large glass doors

 I have two sliding glass doors that go out to by back patio. One is in my living room and the other is in my master bedroom. The doors are diagonal from each other looking in from my back porch. Here's my dilemma.....these are HUGE doors/windows! They are 6.5 feet wide and 8 feet tall. As of right now I have two king size sheets thumb tacked to the wall covering each one. lol I've looked into blinds, but they are too expensive. We don't plan on staying here very long so I don't want to sink a bunch of money into them. Do you have any inexpensive idea's on how to nicely cover these hideous doors!!

I am assuming you do not use these doors often, and considering this is not a place you want to sink money into here are a few options to look into....
1. Screens/room dividers...these are a good option because they come in a wide range of sizes. You can also take these with you when you move so you can select a style you like.

2. Another temporary and inexpensive idea is to create your own curtain. You can you a sheet, shower curtain,or fabric from a local fabric store, a set of grommet hardware , and simple hooks to create your own curtains. Simply follow instructions on applying the grommets to the material you chose. Attach the hooks above the doors, and hang your curtains.



3. Look into bamboo blinds they tend to be inexpensive and can be found at places like Wal-mart, Target, and kmart. They also come in a variety of sizes, and very easy to install.



You also might want to consider speaking with your landlord. Some times they will resolve the issue or will apply what you spend on the improvements to you rent.

No comments:

Post a Comment